ANAFI Ai provides professionals features that really matter: 4G as the new communications standard, 48 MP of imaging accuracy, intelligent obstacle avoidance for autonomous photogrammetry missions and a unique robotic platform with the first open-source piloting application. ANAFI Ai embeds a Secure Element that protects both the integrity of the software and the privacy of data transferred.
4G is profoundly changing the use cases for drones. With 4G, the data link between the drone and the pilot becomes robust in all circumstances. Already widely and reliably deployed around the world, 4G offers long range transmission at low frequency bands at 700MHz - 900MHz.
Additionally, the 4G connection means professionals can operate the drone at any distance.
Many 4G operators offer quality-of-service guarantees for first responders, such as firefighters and police.
At Parrot, we have worked hard to develop a powerful streaming software adapted to any 4G situation. Our software quickly optimizes the definition and frame rate to the network quality. Our software is also robust to packet and frame losses.
ANAFI Ai itself does not require a subscription; users can utilize any SIM card capable of sending data. Parrot provides its users a secured infrastructure that works with all smartphones.
48 MP imaging accuracy
ANAFI Ai's Quad Bayer sensor offers 14 EV of dynamic range in HDR10 mode. It catches all the details both in highlights and shadows.
Inspection professionals can use the 6x digital zoom to observe 1 cm details at a distance of 75 m.
The controllable gimbal tilt range (from -90° to +90°) gives professionals access to complex points of view such as the underside of a bridge structure.
The hybrid image stabilization on 6 axis (3-axis mechanical, 3-axis electronic) ensures sharp photos even in crosswinds of up to 12.7 m/s.
P-Log format allows professionals to retain more information with raw files.
ANAFI Ai’s biomimetic form factor mimics nature's fitness. Its swivel head has an omni-directional camera, ensuring precise obstacle avoidance in every flight direction. When obstacles are detected, ANAFI Ai automatically determines the best trajectory to pursue its mission.
Embedded Artificial Intelligence allows for photogrammetry-specific flight plans to be performed automatically, optimizing productivity, and saving time. Professionals can generate optimized missions based on the land registry of the building selected in just one click.
ANAFI Ai’s Quad Bayer 48 MP sensor delivers survey-grade accurate 2D and 3D models. It offers the same precision as drones with a 1" 20MP sensor, while flying 1.8 times higher. A GSD of 0.46 cm/px is obtained at an altitude of 30 m. Pictures can be captured at 1fps, 2x faster than any other drone in the market.
ANAFI Ai images are compatible with all photogrammetry software suites. With PIX4D, the market leader in photogrammetry software, Parrot has pushed the integration one step further. During the flight, ANAFI Ai sends the pictures to PIX4Dcloud directly. Computation starts when the drone lands so that professionals gain productivity by avoiding manual time-consuming data transfer.
A unique robotic platform
Since the first Parrot A.R. Drone in 2010, providing open-source SDKs is at the heart of Parrot platforms. Parrot continually contributes to the worldwide open-source drone community.
With the launch of ANAFI Ai, Parrot strengthens its Software Development Kit (SDK) by open-sourcing the 7th version of its FreeFlight ground control station application:
Air SDK: provides a breakthrough technological architecture to run code directly on ANAFI Ai. Developers can program custom-designed autonomous flight missions by accessing all drone sensors, connectivity interfaces, and autopilot features.
Ground SDK: allows developers to create iOS and Android mobile applications for Parrot drones. All the features of the drone (control, video, settings) are accessible.
OpenFlight: the open-source core of FreeFlight 7 application. Developers can focus on adding their own features and immediately get a professional-looking App ready to be published on the application stores.
Sphinx: enables developers to test their algorithm and flight strategy in a photorealistic 3D simulation environment running through Unreal Engine, with accurate physical interaction.
Parrot’s industry-leading SDK facilitates the implementation of tailored end-to-end solutions for professionals from public safety, search & rescue to defense and inspection fields.
Parrot platforms are built on industry standards (WIFI, RTP/RTSP, MAVLINK), making interoperability much easier.
- Size folded: 304 x 130 x 118 mm
- Size unfolded: 320 x 440 x 118 mm
- Weight: 898 g / 1.98 lb
- Ready to fly in 60 seconds
- Maximum flight time: 32 min
- Maximum horizontal speed: 16 m/s – 34 mph
- Maximum vertical speed: 6 m/s – 13 mph
- Maximum wind resistance: 12.7 m/s – 28.4 mph
- Maximum propeller speed: 10,000 rpm
- Service Ceiling: 5,000 m (above sea level)
- Operating temperatures: -10°C to 40°C
- Rain resistant (IPX3)
- Noise emission: 82 dB at 1 m
- MicroSD and SIM card slots
- Seamless 4G/Wi-Fi switching
- Flies Beyond Visual Line Of Sight
- 1080 p 30 fps live streaming
- No interference near telecom towers
- Satellite navigation: GPS, Glonass and Galileo
- Vertical camera & Time of Flight
- Barometer and magnetometer
- 2 x 6-axis inertial units (flight and camera)
- 2 x 3-axis accelerometers
- 2 x 3-axis gyroscopes
- Stereoscopic cameras mounted on a 311° rotating gimbal (-107° to +204°) for obstacle avoidance
- AI trajectory optimization system
- Indoor flight
- Size without terminal: 238 x 147 x 55 mm
- Maximum size: 315 x 147 x 55 mm
- Weight: 606 g / 1.34 lb
- Transmission system: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n & 4G
- Frequency of use: 2.4 GHz – 5 GHz
- Direct video stream resolution: 1080 p
- Battery capacity: 3.350 mAh 7.2 V
- Compatible with all smartphones and tablets up to 8"
- Charges smartphones and tablets
- Ports: 2xUSB-C (charging and connec-ting), micro-HDMI
- Dust resistant (IP5X)
DRONE SMART BATTERY
- Type: High Density Lithium Polymer (262 Wh/kg)
- Capacity: 6800 mAh 4.4 V
- Charging port: USB-C
- Weight: 366 g / 0.81 lb
- Maximum charging power: 45 W
PARROT FREEFLIGHT 7 APPLICATION
- Free App, no subscription fee
- App available on the App Store
- Compatible with iOS 12 and higher
- 3 free 3D models, courtesy of PIX4Dcloud
- Sensor: 1/2’’ 48 MP CMOS
- Dynamic range: 14 EV in HDR mode
- Optical LD-ASPH (low dispersion aspheric lens):
- Aperture : f/2.0
- 35 mm focal equivalent: 24 mm
- Depth of field: 4.5 m to ∞
- ISO range: 50 to 6400
- Electronic shutter speed: 1/15 s to 1/10000 s
- Zoom: 6x – lossless: up to 4x (1080 p) & 2x (4K UHD)
- 6-axis stabilization:
- Mechanical: 3-axis (pitch, roll andyaw)
- Electronic (EIS): 3-axis (pitch, roll and yaw)
- Controllable gimbal tilt range: -90° to +90°
- Format: MP4 (H.264, H.265)
- 4K UHD: 3840x2160 - 24/25/30 fps
- 1080 p: 1920x1080 - 24/25/30 fps
- HDR 10: 4K UHD/1080p - 24/25/30 fps
- HDR 8: for all resolutions
- Horizontal field of view (HFOV): 68°
- Maximum video bandwidth: 200 Mbps
- P-Log for professional video editing
- Formats: JPEG, DNG (Digital NeGative RAW)
- Resolution: 48 MP (8000x6000), 12 MP (4000x3000)
- Horizontal field of view (HFOV): 73° (Wide), 69° (Wide with EIS), 65° (Rectilinear with EIS)
- Modes: Single, Bracketing, Burst (10 fps), Panorama (4 formats), Time-lapse, GPS-lapse
- Photogrammetry: single grid, double grid, orbit
- Flight Plan: multiple Waypoints and Points Of Interest
- Cameraman: automatic framing with visual tracking
- Smart RTH: customable return altitude
- Vehicle: flight adapted to controller location reference
- Zero data shared without user consent
- FIPS140-2 compliant and CC EAL5+ certified Secure Elements
- Strong authentication for 4G
- Digitally signed pictures
- Transparency and Bug bounty continuous security check
- Air SDK: onboard coding capabilities
- Ground SDK: iOS & Android App development kit
- OpenFlight: open-source core of FreeFlight 7
- Sphinx: 3D photorealistic simulator
- Olympe: Python controller programming interface
- PDrAW: video & metadata toolset