UTC Commercial UAS Training Level 1 - Sacramento California - Dronitek
UTC Commercial UAS Training Level 1 - Sacramento California - Dronitek
1. Safety – Safe flying and how to react during emergency situations
2. Solution – Understanding DJI commercial UAS solutions and the latest UAS technology
3. Operation – Learning about the DJI Pilot app and how to operate DJI’s latest commercial drone platform
4. Mission – Utilizing UAS to capture mission data
5. Maintenance – Standard equipment maintenance operations
The UTC (Unmanned Aerial System Training Center) is a professional UAS application training program provided by DJI (promoted as DJI’s official training program). After several years of requests from major corporations, public safety agencies and government organizations for "manufacturer certified training from DJI", RMUS and DJI have worked intensely with the UTC to bring this course into fruition.
The course is separated into two sections, online and onsite. The online section was created to ensure the students enter the class with a basic understanding and proficiency of UAS flight and theory. All of the online sections must be fully completed prior to attending the onsite portion of the training class. This requirement is mandated by DJI and is non-negotiable. The online sections will take approximately three (3) to five (5) hours to complete. The cost of the UTC Commercial UAS Training Level 1 course includes a DJI Ryze Tello Drone/remote control package which will be sent to the student upon receipt of payment for the course. The Tello drone will be used by the student to develop basic piloting skills prior to the onsite training. The onsite training is three (3) days of hands-on professional instruction administered by seasoned UAV pilot instructors. Please review the UTC Commercial UAS Training Level 1 course syllabus in the link below for further details.
Upon successful completion of the course the student is issued an official manufacturer-certified license provided by UTC, DJI and RMUS. Therefore a government-issued photo ID must be presented at the beginning of the onsite class in order to attend. This requirement is mandated by DJI and is non-negotiable. There is also an in-person written examination and a practical flight examination at the conclusion of the training course. Upon successful completion of the written and practical examinations a certificate will be issued to the individual UAS pilot.
- You must complete the online training course prior to attending class. Online course work takes place on the UTC website (uastc.com/us). You will need to register on the site in order to view the courses.
- As part of the online course, you will receive a trainer drone. This will be shipped to the address you submitted to RMUS to register for the course. After receiving the training drone, please complete the online flight training course. You may complete other online courses prior to receiving the trainer drone. This drone is yours to keep and practice with DO NOT bring it to class. Please print out the final online course exam results and bring those to class.
- About 10 to 14 days prior to the class, you will receive a welcome email from the local training facility. This email will provide any last minute travel planning details you may need. Also please let the training facility know if you need special assistance or have dietary restrictions.
- After successful completion of the course, the training facility will issue you a temporary certificate. You will be receiving an official certificate and card from UTC within 30 days after completing the course. This will be shipped to the address on file at RMUS, so please notify RMUS at firstname.lastname@example.org to update.
- If a student fails to pass the final exam, and wishes to continue pursuing certification, they will be required to reschedule and retake the class with a $750 retake fee.
The Dronitek location in Sacramento includes both indoor and outdoor UAS flight fields. Our instructors are experts in each of their respective UAS fields and bring the highest level of education to our academy students. We also offer onsite training to specific groups with our large, mobile motorhome training center. We have trained hundreds of students from all over the US and other countries.
Dronitek is located 25 minutes from the Sacramento International Airport. Hotels are within a minutes from the training center.
For our special corporate rate, mention Dronitek and refer to code “CORP”
5321 Date Ave., Sacramento, CA 95841 (the hotel is located approximately 3 miles from the training facility)
Rates: Range from $79.00 to $125.00
Very clean and upscale property
4606 Madison Ave., Sacramento, CA 95841 (the hotel is located approximately 3 miles from the training facility)
Rates: Range from $90.00 to $135.00
101 North Sunrise, Roseville, CA 95661 (the hotel is located approximately 3 miles from the training facility)
Rates: Dronitek preferred rate is $99.00 (ask for Dronitek account/preferred rate – Julia is our direct contact).
Very clean and nice property
Breakfast is included with your room rate.
Mr. Morris brings more than 29 years of business and corporate management experience to Dronitek. He has over 5,200 hours of fixed wing aircraft flight time including over 2,200 hours of manned flight instruction given, 34 years of accident/incident free flight operations and experience in over 35 different aircraft makes and models. Barry is currently flying as a FAA certified flight instructor in both single and multi-engine aircraft. He also holds a FAA Advanced Ground Instructor and Remote Pilot certificate and was awarded the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA) Flight Instructor Excellence Honor Roll recognition in 2013, 2014 and again for 2015. As a chief flight instructor, he has worked closely with the FAA in developing training curriculum for FAR Part 141 flight schools in addition to operating his own flight academy and is our chief instructor at Dronitek. He is passionate about aviation and strongly believes in providing the highest level of training to all our students.
Mr. Wiedman is Dronitek's lead flight instructor for our Mapping and Modeling and First Responder certification courses in addition to teaching our basic sUAS flight skills training course. Doug holds an AS in Computer Technology, BS in Political Science, MA in International Relations, CA POST certificate, FAA Remote Pilot certificate, FLIR Level 1 sUAS certification in Thermography, as well as multiple FAA Part 107 Certificates of Wavier. In addition, he holds certificates from Pix4d as well as specific training in collision reconstruction utilizing sUAS. He is a retired Deputy Sherriff and a current law enforcement Remote Pilot with extensive experience training and developing sUAS programs for public safety and is currently a sUAS pilot instructor and Subject Matter Expert (SME) to 22 regional agencies and 4 counties including several California State agencies. He has trained hundreds of students and assisted multiple public safety agencies in developing their own training programs including night operations.