The Leica BLK ARC is an autonomous laser scanning module for robots like the Boston Dynamics Spot. It is designed to be integrated with robotic carriers to enable autonomous mobile laser scanning with minimal or no human intervention. Users can simply plan a scan path and set BLK ARC off on its own to scan autonomously.
The BLK ARC combined with Spot creates a fast, simple, safe, and autonomous reality capture workflow. Together, they deliver fully autonomous and repeatable scan missions to capture 3D point clouds and panoramic imagery while Spot carries BLK ARC through an environment.
When mounted on Spot, the BLK ARC autonomous laser scanning module is capable of the following:
· Performs scan missions autonomously with minimal user intervention
· Easily integrates with Spots onboard sensors
· Improves robotic navigation while capturing 3D point clouds to create 3D digital twins
· Captures both static and mobile scans during the same scan mission
· Can repeat scan missions autonomously for up-to-date project progress and site changes
· Uses GrandSLAM technology: LiDAR SLAM, Visual SLAM, and an IMU for reality capture and autonomous navigation through complex environments